As a market leader in diversified mining services, Downer Mining understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
As part of the Downer Mining team you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed client expectations.
Otraco International is the world's leading provider of Earthmover/Off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major open pit miners while maximising production and enhancing safety. Entirely independent of any tyre manufacturer or supplier, we have continued to set new benchmarks in tyre performance – delivering dramatic savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety and professionalism.
We are currently recruiting a Relief Tyre Technician based in the QLD region, where you will be required to support our differing projects and associated objectives in the region. While relieving other tyre technicians on sites, this role will maintain stable services on site, all while ensuring compliance with the Otraco Management System and the contracted scope of work is performed and maintained to a high standard.
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years of Earthmover tyre fitting experience on mine sites
- A certificate II in Automotive Mechanical Tyre Fitting Heavy
- A valid and current Open Drivers Licence
- A current forklift licence - essential
- Possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- An understanding that safety is paramount, with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety procedures
WHAT WE OFFER
- Attractive pay rates and conditions
- Exciting development opportunities within an organisation experiencing significant growth
- The opportunity to play a key role in the delivery of the company objectives of zero harm, growth, sustainability and optimisation
For further information, please contact Susie Cooper on 07 3026 6744.
If you are interested in this position please apply online, please click on the "Apply Now" button