As a market leader in diversified mining services, Downer Mining understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
As part of the Downer Mining team you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed client expectations.
We are currently seeking experienced Shot firers for our CSA Project in Cobar NSW
The Shot Firer will be required to prepare and charge the face in a safe and efficient manner to the specifications provided. They will also be responsible for following safe explosive handling procedures.
The role will be offered on an even time 7/7 roster, DIDO with camp accommodation or residential.
- Current NSW BUEL ticket is essential
- Prior experience in an underground hardrock environment
- A current drivers licence, first aid certificate and a recent Australian Police Clearance are required
- Be production oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- Must possess an overarching commitment to safe work practices and continuous improvement
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- Attractive & competitive remuneration
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business within the Downer group