As a market leader in diversified mining services, Downer Mining understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
As part of the Downer Mining team you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed client expectations.
Downer Mining has a long term contract with Stanwell Corporation to provide total mining services at Meandu Mine. The mine supplies coal to the adjacent Tarong Power Station and is a residential mine located 25 kilometres south-east of Kingaroy, with the majority of its workforce being employed from the local community.
We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Officer for a 12 month contract at Meandu Mine. Working within the Environment Team and reporting to the Environmental Superintendent, you will be working on the operational implementation of environmental management systems and compliance monitoring programs to meet statutory obligations, client expectations and drive environmental performance improvements. As part of the broader project team, you will support and assist the project by providing advice on operational activities and designing practical environmental management strategies.
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Engineering/Science or a related discipline
- Extensive demonstrated experience in the mining industry
- An understanding of Queensland environmental legislation, standards and management systems
- The ability to influence people while adhering to company values
- Demonstrated experience in environmental compliance monitoring in particular surface and ground water
- Ability to analyse and report on technical data
- A proven focus on providing workable solutions and initiative in problem solving.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A Residential position on a 5/2 roster, located in the South Burnett/ Kingaroy region
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business within the Downer group
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to grow
- An opportunity to drive positive environmental change.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Monika Eames on 07 3026 6788.