As a market leader in diversified mining services, Downer Mining understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
As part of the Downer Mining team you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed client expectations.
Downer EDI Mining continues to strive forward on the $500 million mining services contract for the Roy Hill Iron Ore Project. The contract is for the provision of supplementary mining services to the Roy Hill Iron Ore mine for a period of four and a half years which includes the following:
- Drill & Blast
- Load & Haul of Overburden and Ore
Downer EDI Mining commenced infrastructure construction in early 2014, and is now moving forward into full-scale mining.
Roy Hill is currently seeking experienced Blast Technicians. Key responsibilities include set out of blast in accordance with blast design, maintaining integrity of the blast specifics whilst adhering to all safety procedures. You will also act as blast guards when required and complete inventory stocktakes.
This is a Fly in Fly out role ex Perth, with a highly appealing 2/1 roster offering a healthy work/life balance and includes excellent on site living facilities.
- Certification in safe handling of explosives
- Possess a current DGSC to work with explosives
- A high level of interpersonal skills, including verbal and hazard reporting skills
- Solid numerical skills to complete paperwork
- Ability to work in a close-knit team
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive hourly rate
- Exciting opportunity to be part of one of the newest mining projects in Australia
- Growth and development opportunities second to none
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment with modern training systems
This is an exciting opportunity for you to further your career with a growing organisation at a new premier iron ore site with a well equipped accommodation facility.
The new accommodation village will offer modern ensuited rooms with flat screen TV's, Foxtel, internet and a quality meals service. Resort style facilities include a swimming pool, gymnasium, beach volleyball and basketball courts.
This is a permanent employment opportunity for an individual with passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer EDI Mining.
To be considered for this role please select only one of the following options to apply, click on the apply link below or visit www.downercareers.com or alternatively call Mary-Jane Heaney, Recruitment Advisor on 08 62129620 for further information.