As a market leader in diversified mining services, Downer Mining understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
As part of the Downer Mining team you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed client expectations.
Downer Mining provides open cut mining services at Karara mine, including drilling, blasting, loading, haulage and stockpile rehandle. The operation is a conventional pit with a 30Mtpa mining rate. The Karara pit will feed the client-run processing plant, which will produce 8Mtpa of magnetite concentrate. The concentrate will be transported by rail to Geraldton for shipment.
We are currently seeking an experienced Light Vehicle Mechanic to join the team at Karara. Key responsibilities include maintaining the Light Vehicle Fleet and other mine site support equipment.
- Relevant Mechanical trade qualification
- Demonstrated previous experience maintaining Light Vehicles in a mining situation
- Demonstrated post trade experience within a similar role
- Strong team player and solid communication skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion to be the best in all that you do.
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- An excellent remuneration package
- An outstanding 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth and DIDO from Geraldton to maintain your work/life balance
- An overriding commitment to zero harm
- A Supportive work environment with professional development opportunities
Located 40 minutes from Perth by plane, this project offers a 2:1 FIFO roster from Perth and DIDO from Geraldton. The site has a new camp offering modern ensuited rooms, with the latest modern amenities including sporting & recreational facilities.
To be considered for this role please select only one of the following options to apply, click on the apply link below or visit www.downercareers.com or alternatively call Mary-Jane Heaney, Recruitment Advisor on 08 62129620 for further information