As a market leader in diversified mining services, Downer Mining understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
As part of the Downer Mining team you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed client expectations.
DBS is a well-established Australian blasting service providers, for over a decade DBS has proven to provide a flexible, focused and collaborative blasting service to its impressive list of major resources sector customers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Downer Mining, DBS has the backing of a large scale mining services company, but the personal touch of a smaller one.
With a well-established business and manufacturing capabilities, DBS have entered into the Underground blasting services, providing new technology for underground charging and new equipment offering flexibility and results generating value and customer satisfaction.
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Underground Operator / Trainer for operations across our Western Australian sites and we are offering a family friendly 8:6 roster FIFO from Perth, WA.
Reporting to the Underground Operations Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the consolidation of DBS's UG position as the preferred supplier of blasting products and on site services to the mining and explosives industry by providing superior service through operational excellence in the areas of safety, environment, quality and cost efficiency.
- Demonstrated Operator Experience in the Underground mining industry
- Underground Charge up/ Emulsion experience is a must
- Prefer Coaching and or training experience
- Knowledge of compliance with safety, environmental and training systems in the industry
- Heavy Rigid Vehicle License
- Dangerous Good Security Card
- High Risk elevated work platform ticket
- Excellent communication skills with a positive attitude
- Willingness to take and accept responsibility for all operational issues
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Flexibility to work in Perth as require
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the DBS Team
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- The opportunity to develop new skills within DBS
- A fantastic field based opportunity where you can work independently
- This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of DBS.
To be considered for this role please select only one of the following options to apply, clink on the apply link below or visit www.downercareers.com or alternatively contact, Annie Davies, HR Advisor on (08) 6212 9542 for further information