As a market leader in diversified mining services, Downer Mining understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
As part of the Downer Mining team you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed client expectations.
We are currently seeking experienced Diesel Fitters to join our Maintenance Support Crew. This crew is structured to support Downer Mining's various projects in the Bowen Basin, however initially these roles will be fully supporting our Blackwater project.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for carrying out repairs and preventative maintenance on the mobile fleet in the field and workshop. You will also perform inspections to determine condition and suitability to return to service.
- Relevant diesel fitter / heavy vehicle trade qualifications
- 3-5 years post-trade experience within an open cut mining operation
- Proven experience maintaining and repairing electric shovels (P & H 4100 & CAT 7495) and hydraulic diggers (CAT 6040, 6060 / Hitachi 5600, 3600)
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Family friendly lifestyle roster (5/4, 4/5, 5/5)
- Camp accommodation provided
- Competitive remuneration with a leading mining contractor
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- A diverse and supportive work environment.
For further information, please contact Megan Tucker at Megan.Tucker@downergroup.com. Email applications will not be accepted.