As a market leader in diversified mining services, Downer Mining understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
As part of the Downer Mining team you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed client expectations.
We are currently seeking an experienced Diesel Fitter at our Commodore project based in the Millmerran/ Pittsworth region in the Darling Downs, Queensland.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for carrying out repairs and preventative maintenance on the mobile fleet in the field and workshop. You will also perform inspections to determine condition and suitability to return to service.
- Relevant diesel fitter / heavy vehicle trade qualifications
- Extensive post-trade experience within an open cut mining operation
- Proven experience with Caterpillar, Hitachi, O&K and Komatsu
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 7/7 roster
- Residential position (camp accommodation is not provided)
- Competitive remuneration with a leading mining contractor
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- A diverse and supportive work environment.
For further information, please contact Monika Eames on 07 30266788.