Morris Corporation is Australia's largest privately owned facilities management specialist; with over 45 years' experience delivering industrial hospitality services to the remote mining, resources and construction sectors.
At Morris, we know it is our people that make us successful and we strive to provide a supportive and enriching environment where our employees can succeed and feel genuinely valued.
As a result of our continued growth, we are looking for diversely talented and enthusiastic people to contribute to our continuing success.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Aboriginal Casual Utilities to join our WA team based in our Casual Relief Pool.
(An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a person of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent who identifies as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and is accepted as such by the community in which he [or she] lives)
The position of Utility will see you working across all departments within the site and your responsibilities may include any or all of the following –
- General housekeeping and cleaning of rooms, buildings, equipment and common/public areas onsite.
- Providing general assistance in the kitchen to cooks and chefs, including food preparation, stock replenishing and general waiting duties of food and beverage.
- General administrative duties including checking guests in and out of site, assisting the management team with accounts, filing and word processing/data entry
- Serving a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to Morris clients and guests
- Attending a snack bar, coffee shop, food and beverage or retail outlet
- Driving bus for daily timetable as per client requirements
- General maintenance of site grounds including mowing lawns, weeding gardens and minor building and equipment repair.
- Operate washing machines and dryers, fold and store laundry and maintain accurate linen counts
- Ensure that mine site offices and all surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy
- Maintain fridges and freezers and ensure correct rotation of stores stock
Are you the right person for this position? We are looking for…
- Previous experience working in one or more of the following areas - catering/kitchen, cleaning, minesite cleaning, grounds maintenance, laundry, bus driving, bar/retail, or storeman work, preferably within a similar remote or site based environment.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and a commitment to consistently deliver a high standard of customer service to all Morris clients and customers.
- List relevant Qualifications/licences/certifications here eg – RSA, white card, Food Handlers certificate etc would be advantageous for this position.
- A strong commitment to safety and safe working practices at all times
What's on offer?
- Fly in Fly Out Perth ONLY, on a casual roster cycle
- A supportive and engaging team environment
- Fantastic lifestyle onsite with Excellent Gym and Recreational facilities
- Great remuneration and benefits
- Ongoing career development
All Candidates must have Australian or New Zealand Residency and will be subject to a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment including drug and alcohol test. A national police clearance with a validity of 3 months may be required.
Morris Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Morris aims to be an employer of choice for Indigenous Australians and we encourage Indigenous people to apply for this and other positions with us.
For more information about our company visit www.morriscorp.com.au.