Morris Corporation is Australia's largest privately owned facilities management specialist, with over 45 years' experience delivering industrial hospitality to remote mining and construction sectors.
At Morris, we know it is our people that make us successful. As a result of our tremendous growth, we need talented and resilient people to contribute and be a part of our continuing success.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head Chef to join our QLD team based at our Spring Gully site.
This role will involve
- Managing the quality of catering service on site ensuring that client and Morris standards are met at all times
- Working alongside the Village Manager to improve and develop food service
- Managing the preparation of food in a bulk catering/high volume environment
- Planning and delivering themed evenings/special meals
- Stock, cost and waste management control
- Ensuring all kitchen equipment is kept clean and well maintained
- Ensuring that the kitchen is HSE compliant & lead a safety culture in the kitchen
- Ensuring food hygiene regulations and HACCP procedures are followed
- Supervising Catering Utilities or any other kitchen staff.
- Supporting with training and development of kitchen teams
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Trade Certificate in Cookery or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years experience as a Chef
- HACCP knowledge
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Effective communication skills with a variety of people
- The ability to set goals, organise your time and staff
- A strong commitment to safety
- Previous experience working on a Minesite / Similar size operations
- Fly in fly out ex Brisbane / Drive in drive out Surat Basin Region
- 2 weeks on 1 week off roster
- Spring Gully, QLD
All Candidates must have Australian or New Zealand Residency, will be subject to a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment.
Morris Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Morris aims to be an employer of choice for Indigenous Australians, and we encourage Indigenous people to apply for this and other positions with us.
For more information about our company visit www.morriscorp.com.au.