As a market leader in diversified mining services, Downer Mining understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business.
As part of the Downer Mining team you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed client expectations.
Downer Mining provides open cut mining services at Karara mine, including drilling, blasting, loading, haulage and stockpile rehandle. The operation is a conventional pit with a 30Mtpa mining rate. The Karara pit will feed the client-run processing plant, which will produce 8Mtpa of magnetite concentrate. The concentrate will be transported by rail to Geraldton for shipment.
Downer EDI Mining are currently seeking experienced Loader Operators to join the Train Load out team at Karara. Located 40 minutes from Perth by plane, this project offers a 2:1 FIFO roster from Perth or alternately, Bus in Bus out from Geraldton. The new camp offers modern ensuited rooms, with the latest modern amenities including sporting & recreational facilities.
- Experience operating large Front End Loaders in a train load out environment is essential
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated experience operating CAT 990/992 and Komatsu WA 900 will be highly regarded
- Strong team player and solid communication skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion to be the best in all that you do.
In return we offer
- An excellent remuneration package
- An outstanding 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth or alternately, Bus in Bus out from Geraldton to maintain your work/life balance
- An overriding commitment to zero harm
- A Supportive work environment with professional development opportunities
To be considered for this role please click on the apply link below or visit www.downercareers.com or alternatively, email your resume to email@example.com quoting job number 537834.
Alternatively contact Annie Davies, HR Advisor on (08) 6212 9500 for further information